Central Ohio IT Leaders Program
The Central Ohio IT Leaders program is an elite leadership development program designed to develop the leaders who serve as the foundation for the Central Ohio tech ecosystem. The program establishes a forum where the next 'class' of Ohio IT leaders can grow in their current roles and serve as a critical foundation for business success as they develop for future roles.
This monthly event brings together fifty selected IT mid-level managers in Ohio for formal leadership training, wisdom sharing from guest speakers, and interactive peer discussions in a vendor-free environment. The in-person program is augmented by a robust online platform to support learning and development. In addition, a focused approach toward diversity and inclusion has been incorporated into the recruitment of class participants.
This community has donated over $56,000 to the CIO Forum's college education scholarship fund. Check out our offerings and consider joining this inspiring community.
In-Person Central Ohio IT Leaders Comprehensive Program - 2023/2024
The IT Leaders Comprehensive Program aims to bring IT Directors and Managers together for leadership training, educational content from guest speakers, and peer discussions in a vendor-free, collaborative environment. IT Leaders Comprehensive Program is currently offered in Columbus, OH! To learn more, contact us.
Click to purchase $1,300
In-Person - Central Ohio IT Leaders Comprehensive Program Details 2023/2024
The Ohio IT Leaders Council's annual calendar will include at least six sessions of leadership training, at least four technical workshops or guest speakers, and collaborative roundtables.
The Innovative Leadership Institute's Maureen Metcalf and Junell Felsburg provide leadership training.
Annual tuition is $1,300, due by September 5th, 2023
The 2023-2024 Curriculum
- 9/21/23 - Program introduction and CIO discussion, and Q&A with Ben Blanquera
- 10/19/23 - Introduction to Leadership and Foundation with Innovative Leadership Institute (ILI)
- 11/16/23 - Leadership Maturity, creating a structured path for development with ILI
- (TBA) - Social event with TechStrategy (Location TBD)
- December - no class
- 01/18/24 - Peer roundtable, CIO discussion, and Q&A
- 2/15/24 - Communication Skills training with Innovative Leadership Institute
- 3/21/24 - Conflict Resolution training with Innovative Leadership Institute
- 4/18/24 - Peer roundtable, CIO discussion, and Q&A
- 5/16/24 - Engagement and Building a Culture of Innovation with ILI
- 6/20/24 - Workforce Development training with Innovative Leadership Institute / City of Dublin Workforce Development initiatives
- July - no class
- 8/15/24 - Peer roundtable discussion, CIO discussion, and Q&A with a leading Central Ohio CIO (TBD)
Participants will earn certification from the program by attending at least seven of ten class sessions and completing all six deliverable assignments. The Mason Leadership Center at Franklin University and the Innovative Leadership Institute jointly issue the certification.
The Innovative Leadership Institute is partnering with Franklin University to offer a discount for a broad range of educational opportunities, including but not limited to MBA programs.
The Innovative Leadership Institute has also partnered with Muskingum University permitting certified graduates of the IT Leaders program to receive three credits toward the Master of Information Strategy Systems and Technology offered by Muskingum. Certified graduates will also receive a 10% discount on the balance of the Master’s coursework.
- 250 participants in the first four cohorts, representing 119 Ohio organizations
- 162 of the first 250 participants have received a certification of completion
- $56,000 has been raised so far for the Central Ohio CIO Forum Scholarship Fund from the first five cohorts
- 60+ of the first 150 participants (40%+) have had a promotion since the first cohort started
- Eight have been promoted to a C-Level role - CIO, CTO, CISO, Chief Strategy, or Chief Transformation Officer
- Eight have graduated from the Advanced Leadership Development Program.
Remote IT Leaders Foundation Program - 2023/2024/ JMU
The Remote IT Leaders Foundation Program aims to bring a small group of IT Directors and Managers together with cross-functional leaders for leadership training and educational content, and peer discussions in a collaborative environment. Participants completing this class receive certification from James Madison University. To learn more, contact us.
Click to purchase $3,000
IT Leaders Comprehensive Program 2022 Coaching Companion - Optional
The IT Leaders coaching program is a companion to the IT Leader training program. Coach reviews and discusses all deliverables and offers six individualized coaching sessions as companions to the six leadership development modules. This option is only available for participants in the IT Leaders program during the program. When Recommended timing - within one week of each leadership content course. Where Coaching is offered through Zoom or in-person in conjunction with the class sessions.
Click to purchase $2,500.00
IT Leaders Alumni Coaching - For IT Leader Graduates
The IT Leaders Alumni coaching program is for graduates of the IT Leaders program looking for focused one-on-one coaching to continue to build their leadership skills and move to the next career level. The program leverages what participants learned during the elite leadership program. The program features a 360-degree assessment and 12 coaching sessions When Once per month over the year (can be condensed to shorter-term) Where Coaching is offered through Zoom or in person.
Click to purchase $8,000
IT Leaders Advanced Innovative Leadership Development Program (ALDP)
The IT Leaders Advanced Innovative Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is the follow-on course to the Central Ohio IT Leaders Comprehensive Program. It focuses on your preparation for career advancement including joining the leadership team at the C-Level, be it as CIO, CTO, or CISO. It is also designed to accelerate your advancement through the Integral Leadership Maturity Framework you first learned about in the IT Leaders Program. $3,750 per person.
Click to purchase $3,750
Remote Advanced Innovative Leadership Development Program (ALDP) Details 2023/2024
The ALDP program is the follow-on course to the Central Ohio IT Leaders Program.
It focuses on your preparation for career advancement, including joining the leadership team at the C-Level, be it as CIO, CTO, or CISO.
It is also designed to accelerate your advancement through the Integral Leadership Maturity Framework you first learned about in the IT Leaders Program. Admission to this program is contingent on graduating from the foundation IT Leaders program or application approval for senior leaders who didn't attend the foundation course.
Maureen Metcalf, Founder & CEO of the Innovative Leadership Institute (ILI), leads this program with ILI Adjunct Faculty.
It is nine months in duration, with a class size of up to 10-15 participants, and includes:
- Nine monthly sessions,
- usually held on the third Wednesday morning of each month.
- virtual to allow for participants beyond Columbus
- requiring an average of eight hours of preparation work in advance of each session (two hours per week)
- ILI Leadership Competency Assessments, pre & post-program measurement of leadership behaviors
- Two one-on-one sessions with the program's facilitator applying the concepts and models in the industry
- Ongoing collaboration with a peer mentor to enhance learning, mindset, and behavior change
- Individual journaling reviews and feedback from the ILI program leaders
- ILI Advanced Innovative Leadership Certification
The program cost is $3,750 per participant and includes all individual assessments for baselining and measuring progress; total online access to the ILI learning platform with proprietary and non-proprietary leadership content (international award-winning book series, workbooks, videos, articles, and leadership interviews); expert instruction; homework reviews and feedback; monthly virtual meeting setup and operation.
ILI has been teaching this evolving approach in MBA Programs for over 15 years.
2022-23 ADLP Program Flow
Session 1 – Program Kickoff, Peer Mentor Assignment, Introductory Discussions, and Leadership Developmental Framework Review
Session 2 – Innovative Leadership Transformation Process and developmental basics
Session 3 – Competing Commitments
Session 4 – Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Session 5 – Mid-Point Calibration and Integration
Session 6 – Political Savvy and Executive Presence
Session 7 – Diversity and Inclusion Panel / Discussion of foundational principles for effective DE&I initiatives (moving beyond a check-list mentality)
Session 8 – Navigating Polarities
Session 9 – Leadership Readiness Simulation and Program Wrap-up
The IT Leaders Program is building a community of elite technology leaders. Participants who complete the course work recieve a certification from the Innovative Leadership Institute and Franklin Universities Mason Leadership Center. They also join the active IT Leaders Alumni Community.